Samsung has announced that the Galaxy S4 will be available in the United States by the end of the month. Individual carrier announcements are still to come, but here’s what we know so far:
- T-Mobile: Already announced its GS4 will be available May 1 for a $99 down payment. (Might we see that date shift to meet this April window? Wouldn’t surprise us.) Update: T-Mobile will have it available online April 24, in stores May 1.
- AT&T: We’ve got a pretty good indication that AT&T will begin to ship out Galaxy S4 orders (and presumably have them on store shelves) on April 30, but Samsung wants to remind everybody that it’s going to be awfully easy to get your hands on the new Galaxy S4 in the very near future.
- Verizon: Still no official date, but the phone did just show up on Samsung’s site in black and white. (Not like we didn’t know they exist, of course.)
- Sprint: Previously said to look for it in the second quarter, so, yeah. Update: April 27 it is, folks. Preorders start April 18.
- Other carriers: US Cellular, Cricket and C Spire are all on the same April time frame.
- Retailers: The Galaxy S4 also will be sold at seven retail outlets (Best Buy and Best Buy Mobile, Costco, Radio Shack, Sam’s Club, Staples, Target and Wal-Mart). You’ll not be able to shake a stick without hitting a Galaxy S4 it seems — and that’s a good thing.
- The U.S. versions of the S4 will offer the proven powerhouse of the Snapdragon 600, with a new high -res 1080p 5-inch display. That, and 2GB of RAM have been crammed into a package that’s actually smaller than the Galaxy S3 by reducing the bezels on either side of the device. The folks who have had the chance to use one are saying some good things, and we’re looking forward to getting one of our own to play with and put through the paces.
We’ll continue to tell you the official word from carriers and stores as they trickle out, in the meantime hit the break for the full press release from Samsung.
No matter which Carrier you are going to choose, KaysCase is ready for you!